Community Mural Projects engages a large group of people in a fun and inspirational activity of painting an up-lifitng and inspirational work of art together. A Community Mural Project is designed to support students, teachers and their extended community to work together to transform existing “dead” wall space into vibrant and colorful murals.
How It Works:
- Contact us to discuss your schools vision and needs
- We will then schedule a phone call or meeting
- Create a schedule and plan for your mural project
- Paint the mural with your students/participants
- Photo and Document
- Host a completion event to honor the awesome creative process and finished work, Slide show and video possibilities.
- In the past five years Create Peace Project has led 7 large scale mural projects in US and schools abroad
- We have painted murals in Jinja Uganda with a group of homeless street kids and a huge mural at a Montessori school in Cape Coast, Ghana
- We have painted more than 7,500 sq feet of wall space with more than 1,000 students ages 5-22
- Murals create a lasting positive and beautiful work of art for all to enjoy.
What We Offer
- Free consultation and project development for your school or group
- We can work with any size group on almost any size wall space
- A typical mural will take 4-6 weeks to paint, depending on size and scope of the project
- An affordable and highly enriching collaborative arts experience
- Let’s strengthen community and promote peace with art
How it worksMurals for Peace is a collaborative arts project in which a group of people work together to paint and collage a symbolic work reflecting the community’s desire to overcome a negative issue being addressed. This unique tool brings awareness to a wide range of social issues by envisioning positive solutions and sparking innovative actions. Each of the participants creates one or more pieces of the collective work, most importantly a unique leaf expressing their artistic vision of peace, as well as other elements such as birds, stars or butterflies to complement the mural. Individual pieces are then combined into a collage and fitted onto the overall image, the tree of choice, atop the earth in space, to create an uplifting and inspiring finished piece.
The Impact We’ve MadeCreate Peace Project has painted seven large-scale murals in the past five years. We have worked with groups as small at 25 students to as large as 360. We can work with any age group to create a lasting beautiful work of art with your community. Our focus is on inspiring and uplifting our youth, empowering creative freedom, confidence and self-expression that supports positive messages, beautiful art and joyous feelings of positive self worth. We work to emphasize collaboration and community enrichment through our interactive painting experience.[/mt_two_third_last]
This was our first year working with Create Peace Project. They were absolutely amazing!! Ross and team captured the essence of our school culture and spirit in our new mural. They listened to the voices of the students, staff and community and the evidence was in the finished product.TAMITRICE RICE MITCHELL, SAN FRANCISCO USD, PRINCIPAL (2014-2015)
Our students feel a great sense of accomplishment with their participation in this mural project.JEAN ROBERTSON, GLEN PARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
We loved this project!PARENT OF 4TH GRADE STUDENT, SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC SCHOOL